Environmental and Social Responsibility
Making a Difference
Whether it’s donating equipment to countries in need or working with charitable organizations like The United Way, having a positive impact in the communities we serve has always been important at CONMED.
CONMED’s Chihuahua, Mexico manufacturing facility has held the Clean Industry Certification since 2015 and CONMED achieved ISO 14001 Certification in 2020, which specifies the requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS).
In addition, the Chihuahua site has also voluntarily participated in the environmental compliance program of the State of Chihuahua. Examples of CONMED Chihuahua’s environmental and energy saving projects include:
• Reduced hazardous waste
- Helped save 34 trees and recycled 1.4 tons of solids
• Changed lighting for interior and outdoor areas to LED lighting
-50,000 hours of energy consumption reduced
• Helped save 24 trees and recycled 6.7 tons of paper
- Implemented paper recycling stations
• Reduced scrap, waste, and chemicals in dye tests
- Removed dye penetration tests for more efficient alternatives
To put an even greater emphasis on this area, CONMED kicked off a new Environmental, Social, and Governance initiative in 2020 and hired a dedicated resource to lead this effort.
We look forward to seeing the expansion of CONMED’s social and community efforts in the months and years to come.