Rotator Cuff Repair
The rotator cuff is made up of four main tendons; the supraspinatus, subscapularis, infraspinatus, and the teres minor. These tendons originate on the scapula and attach onto the humeral head securing the upper arm in the shoulder joint. These tendons help lift and rotate the arm and allow for normal shoulder mechanics. The rotator cuff tendons can be injured acutely but are more frequently torn due to degeneration over time. Tears of the rotator cuff tendons can be classified as partial or full thickness tears.
When faced with a rotator cuff tear, an arthroscopic or open surgical approach can be taken. Single Row and Double Row surgical techniques are utilized to fixate the torn tendon back down to the bone.
NEW! Y-Knot® PRO
The Y-Knot® PRO combines our Y-Knot® anchor with a new, cleat-less suture release technology. The Y-Knot® PRO:
- Eliminates the need for un-cleating sutures after implanting the anchor by providing a more efficient delivery system.
- Available on all Y-Knot® RC and Y-Knot® Flex anchors.
Y-Knot® RC Self-Punching All-Suture Anchor
- 2.8mm footprint provides placement and fixation advantages when bone real estate is limited
- Simple, self-punching technique
- 69% less abrasive than the leading competitor when measuring tendon tear-through1
- The Y-Knot RC is available double or triple loaded with Hi-Fi Tape or Hi-Fi Ribbon
PopLok® Knotless Suture Anchors – 3.5/4.5m
- Ability to tension suture after the anchor is seated
- Wings are deployed subcortically to provide secure fixation
CrossFT™ Knotless DT Suture Anchor
- Controlled tension designed to optimize tendon compression
- Strong: new deep thread pattern allows for cancellous bone fixation
- Bone marrow vent channel designed to provide healing properties of bone marrow
CrossFT™ and GENESYS CrossFT™ Suture Anchor
- CrossFT (PEEK) and GENESYS CrossFT (Biocomposite) offer dual-thread pattern for cortical and cancellous bone fixation
Y-Knot® Flex All-Suture Anchors
- Soft: All-suture anchors
- Small: Minimal footprint
- Secure: 360-degree FormFit™ Fixation
- The Y-Knot® Flex is available single or double loaded with Hi-Fi Ribbon
Interested in Rotator Cuff Repair Surgical Technique?
1Compared to leading competitor; TR16-787, TR16-787-1