Today, CONMED manufactures and markets thousands of products to providers across the healthcare continuum. We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Laparoscopy, Cardiology and Critical Care markets. We continue to offer innovation and value added customer service across all of our product lines.
With multiple manufacturing and design facilities, over 3,500 employees, and worldwide distribution, CONMED strives to improve the quality of healthcare by designing, producing and marketing innovative, high-quality products.
- CONMED was founded by Eugene Corasanti.
- CONMED completed its first major acquisition with the purchase of Aspen Labs from Bristol Myers Squibb making the company a very strong competitor in the electrosurgery market.
- CONMED acquired Linvatec and became the #2 worldwide producer of arthroscopy products and Orthopaedic powered surgical instrument.
- CONMED acquired the majority of the Gastroenterology and Pulmonology business from C.R. Bard.
- Agreement with Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF), the world’s largest tissue bank, which gives us exclusive worldwide marketing rights for their sports medicine allograft tissue.
- Curt Hartman was named President and CEO of CONMED and has been continuing to lead the company into the next chapter of growth, profitability and improved performance.
- CONMED acquired SurgiQuest, helping to grow our Advanced Surgical division and continuing to improve the standard of care for minimally invasive surgery.
- CONMED acquired Buffalo Filter, a leading Surgical Smoke Evacuation and Filter Technology company.
- CONMED turns 50 and boasts over 3,500 employees across six continents, with a mission to enable healthcare providers around the world to deliver exceptional outcomes to patients through accessible solutions.